EtchDroid is an open-source application that helps you write images to USB drives, no root required.
You can use it to make a bootable GNU/Linux USB drive when your laptop is dead and you’re in the middle of nowhere.
- Supports raw disk images and most GNU/Linux distributions ISOs
- Supports most DMG disk images (beta)
- No root - everything is done within the bounds of the Android API
- Free as in freedom
- Write common GNU/Linux distro in streaming from the Internet without storing it on the device
- Support for Windows installation ISO (will likely require root)
- Support for Unetbootin-style image flashing